I woke up this morning at 7:30 and turned on the tv, expecting to be awash in feel-good, live remotes from the Super Bowl. Instead, the "Today Show" was telling me how to save money at the vet--I've never owned a pet!--"Good Morning America" had a feature about the environment, which we've all heard enough about, and the local CBS affiliate was running some rubbish called "Dance Revolution," which smelled of 1994 or so. ESPN? The best they could offer was a bit of warmed-over Ron Jaworski which I think I've seen at least three times, plus the promise of an actual preview show at 10 a.m. That's two hours from now. What am I supposed to do in the meantime? One other thing: it's below zero and ice has formed on the inside of our living room windows.

All in all, the day has taken a nasty turn and it hasn't even started. I'm feeling entirely different about what is going to unfold at 6:25 p.m. EST.

New, sour prediction:

Colts 60, Bears 4. (Two safeties recorded by Tank Johnson. He deserves some success after the way the national media have distorted his misfortunes this week.)

1 Comment:

  1. Yager said...
    The true cure for Sunday morning boredom is always a blast of 80s music.

Post a Comment