Looking at the live box score of today's Padres/Cubs game, I was struck by how many elements in it looked completely preposterous.
Play along, and decide which of the following is the freakiest of all, because I can't:
- Ryan Theriot hitting over .300
- Ronny Cedeño hitting over .300
- Henry Blanco hitting over .300
- Theriot, Cedeño, and Blanco all hitting over .300
- Ryan Dempster delivering an 8 1/3-inning start
- And striking out 12
- And walking 1
- And lowering his ERA to 2.35
- And improving his record to 5-1
- The Cubs starting a centerfielder named Jim Edmonds
- And yeah, it's that Jim Edmonds
Compared to the other items in this post, that seems positively mundane.