The 11 times that a Major League club has bid Paul Bako adieu:
- November 11, 1997. Traded by the Reds to the Tigers.
- January 14, 1999. Traded by the Tigers to the Astros.
- April 11, 2000. Sold by the Astros to the Marlins.
- July 21, 2000. Placed on waivers by the Marlins; claimed by the Braves.
- March 20, 2002. Traded by the Braves to the Brewers.
- November 26, 2002. Traded by the Brewers to the Cubs.
- October 29, 2004. Granted free agency; signed with Dodgers, Jan. '05.
- October 31, 2005. Granted free agency; signed with Royals, Dec. '05.
- October 31, 2006. Granted free agency; signed with Orioles, Dec. '06.
- October 30, 2007. Granted free agency; signed with Reds, Feb. '08
- March 30, 2009. Released by the Cubs.
"The important thing is hopefully Paul can get a Major League job. He's a capable Major League catcher. If he can get a Major League job, I'll be happy.
Besides, there are 20 Major League teams Paul has yet to play for.
Bako statistics and transaction history from Baseball-Reference.com.
Labels: Paul Bako