Holy Grail Sighting

I saw the White Sox World Series trophy Sunday afternoon. It was making a stop at the grand opening of a new park district facility in our community, a facility that will also function as a satellite location for the White Sox Baseball Academy.

I would describe the trophy as I've heard people describe Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dustin Hoffman: smaller in person than you might have expected. On the other hand, it came with its own security guard, which I thought was pretty impressive.

What amazed me most was that no one besides myself and the security guard was even paying any attention to the trophy. (Our suburb and most of those around us are pretty rich in White Sox fans). But then, maybe I shouldn't be surprised:

You know how it is with Sox fans--they don't really care much about the baseball. They just come out to the game because it's a party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment